Saturday, April 1, 2017

Inaug Blog

Hello, everyone.

So this is my new blog.


...awkward silence...


So, umm, hey.

If you've gotten this far without closing your browser window, thanks for staying tuned in, and having the patience to read on while I figure things out. Namely, where to go with this new site, starting with this inaug(ural) blog post.

You might be thinking, since "Dog" is in the name of both the site title and URL, this must be a blog about dogs. I apologize if a Web search has brought anyone looking for content exclusively about dogs to this lowly site—I'm too cheap (and too unemployed) to pay for a real domain name, currently—but nope, I'm not here to write only about dogs.

Don't get me wrong; I'm a dog lover. My husband, kids, and I are currently looking for a four-legged friend to add to our family, but this blog isn't a dog blog. Sorry to disappoint. Um, April Fool's!

I intend this site to be a rather informal, ordinary journal-type blog that everyone and their dog has by now in 2017, or may have even long abandoned in favor of Snapchat, Instagram, or any other in the myriad of social networks where one person among millions can tell his or her daily story.

And that's what this blog is for. Telling my daily story. Now that this formerly copiously-busy working mother of two suddenly has a lot of time on her hands...sure, why not? As the old cliché goes, "everyone and their dog..."

In this blog, I might write about deep stuff. I might write about shallow stuff. I might write about deeply personal aspects of my life, or I might write about worldly, political happenings that are both a result of and an impact on human beings and the very human condition.

But whatever I write about, I want to keep it real. I intend to be brashly honest. Especially when it comes to myself and my own shortcomings balanced with strengths of which I might still not be aware. A great life coach I know commented in her own blog that one of her top three values was being her authentic self. I thought, that is a goal to which I aspire. Because, for a long time, I've been too busy, too preoccupied, or perhaps too afraid to uncover who that authentic self is, really.

So at the risk of being self-indulgent, yeah, this is a blog dedicated to self-uncovery. It's a peek into who I am and what I value. And I'm writing it for my own benefit, most of all.

Come along for the ride, if you wish. Put up your feet on the Ottoman and pour yourself a cup of coffee or tea. And welcome. Welcome to my house.

H/T Flo Rida:


No comments:

Post a Comment